Thursday, March 6, 2008

TODAY I CRIED, UNKNOWN AUTHOR

Today, I cried..... I voted for a black man and, I cried.I cried for my father and my grandfather and all grandfathers beforehim.
I cried for my uncles, my four brothers, my seventeen nephews,
my two sons, my six grandsons and one great-grand son.
I cried for the blacks I have loved and those that have loved me.I cried for the millions of little black boys (not forgetting the girls)over the centuries that did not, in their wildest dreams, imagine...
that they could run for Office.
I cried for their despair...I cried for all the men and boys incarcerated
who lost hope in themselves and took the low road.
I cried, I cried and I cried...I know that this was "just the primary." But whatever the end result maybe, today I voted in the United States of America for a black man,
and... I cried.
If I should die before the presidential election it will be OK, Becausetoday I voted.
I voted for a black man and I cried.

PEACE।LOVE।HAPPINESS

No comments:

My GOODREADS Book Case