Thursday, June 5, 2008

WHAT I'M FEELING ABOUT TUESDAY NIGHT

I have been thinking about what happened Tuesday night and the fact that Barack Obama, a Black Man with a foreign, Muslim sounding name, was made the presumptive nominee for president of the democratic party. And I still don't think that it has set in as of yet.
Back in January I didn't think he had a snowballs chance in hell to be the Democratic nominee. And I was not alone in this thinking, just ask Hillary Clinton. I felt the powers that be, white men, would not allow it. But what I overlooked was the will of the people. The people of Iowa of all places. The will of the people of Iowa was that it was time for a change. A time for the people to take their country back from the lifetime politicians and the special interest groups and the big global corporations.
But to say the least I am ecstatic about what happened on Tuesday. Because there was this nagging doubt in the back of my mind that white folks were going to find a way to get rid of him. And they tried, oh how they tried. But Barack and the people kept their heads and in every primary 85 to 95% of Blacks came out and voted for him. What those 5 to 15% of Blacks that voted for Hillary Clinton were thinking about is still a very big mystery to me. I feel somewhere in their lives they lost their identity.
But enough about that I'm trying to find the words that can express the pride and joy I feel about what happened Tuesday night and I can't. But that's OK because there are no words to express how I feel and how thousands, millions of other Blacks feel. God Bless Barack Obama.


PEACE.LOVE.HAPPINESS

1 comment:

MenoJournal said...

I hear ya, Brother! It is a most exciting time for all americans and the world!

My GOODREADS Book Case